*under construction*


17 May 2009

Hide and Seek...

I have been crushing on hides and pelts for so long - and I must admit that I do so want a soft fur to throw over a chair ... or two ... and a hide for the floor --

My toes curl just thinking about walking over this barefoot -- The soft fur against those rough hewn floors is such a fabulous and stark contrast of textures, and yet it is an integral part of the perfect harmony in the simple color palette which is made up of only brown and white.
I absolutely love this space.


There are always the faux furs, hides, and pelts -- but they don't hold that same wild lure or primal luxury... I really can't articulate exactly why I love the real McCoy so much, but I do. (Poor Tired Husband, please don't hate me!)


It's that intriguing juxtaposition of rustic and elegant again -- and like the song of a siren, I'm rendered helpless and can't resist its beauty.

-- the hides sure do play a fabulous role in that undeniably lovely combination...


I love the black stripe down the back of this one and white edging -- this hide, at least to me, is such a surprise to see in a traditional sort of setting -- I can't help but love it.

Looking the other way in this room, it doesn't seem like the same house to me -- The chippy pot is beautifu and looks great with the hidel. I would love to have that in my own home.

And, here's this photo I've shown before -- I just can't help myself - the furs on the back of these chairs just sing out - come curl up here and nestle in to this soft and luxurious fur!

See, Judy over at Atlantis Home knows what I'm talking about. How great is her living room with fur, hides, rustic woods and elegant chairs? Yum!

So, another thing moves from what I love from afar and gets added to my seeking list --
hides!

... I think I just heard my credit card weep.

Photos 1-4 1st Option London Photos 5-6 Oak Mgmt Photo 7 HG Aust. Photo 8 Judy Aldridge's home via Atlantis home

25 comments:

vicki archer said...

They bare a lot of disappointment those poor old credit cards! xv

the wild raspberry said...

i am drawn to the coffee table in that last photo. really inviting.
chasity

Helen said...

I love every photo you have shown me today ... but the wall clock in photo #1 stole my heart.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Just signed up to follow along. Some very beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing:)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ok...start with ebay. I got a hide that was shipped straight from argentina...and was fairly cheap to boot!

donna baker said...

They sell the hides in farm supply stores (Atwood's in OK). Would love to live in the photos. Ana by the way, looked at the progress you've been making at the house and guesthouse. Looks great. I'm nosy and would love to know more abut this journey you've been on. Do you live there while you're remodeling?

Nadia said...

Lovely spaces. My toes do curl, too, by the way :D.

Ness Lockyer said...

What a beautiful home. I adore the first photo. I could do with a lovely fluffy sheepskin right about now...it is freezing here!
Ness xx

Kristin said...

In life it is hard to run across someone that has your taste to a tee. Oh my I love it here. This last post is my taste/style perfectly. I love dark to light contrast, old with new and well just love your style!

Miss Kris said...

Hi Isa!

Something about a rustic space that makes my heart go pitter patter. I also LOVE hides...I have two hide pillows on my slipcover sofa in my office. I LOVED HUNTING for them!

~Miss Kris~

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Love the bench in the last photo, to die for!!!

Oliveaux said...

Gorgeous home! My computer is going really slow so I shall be back later...arrgggh!! Ax

Courtney said...

Oh, poor credit card... ;) And I love that living room- such an elegant space.

alice said...

It's amazing how quickly things move from the "admiring" to "needing" list isn't it! Great pictures...

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Todays post really inspired me... I got a new idea for my hall way and an idea for my bedroom! 1 post - 2 walkaway doable immediately ideas - you can't beat that rate of return. I do so enjoy popping over to your blog!

Meta said...

Very cool space! And I absolutely love that oversized clock, too!!

Unknown said...

Ooh I'm loving the brown and white theme of the first photo - gorgeous!

for the love of a house said...

Oh I love all of these photos! And, I love hide rugs! I have three beauties that are packed away at the moment... one is all white! And I purchased them at IKEA!! Good luck in your hunt!
joan

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Greetings~ ~ ~This is my first visit to your home and I love your ideas. The new rugs, Oh MY!

. . .is the yellow of museville too much - or do you think it's gorgeous? "PERFECT as I see it."

...Or does your heart beat to the soft whites and greys? "Gray leaves me cold. I am voting on the side of yellows."

Since you are not obligated as I am, to boldly continue on with the previous owners colors and style you can start anew. A total redo is down the road for me.
Please keep us posted as to what you decide~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

joanna said...

Been debating whether to comment or not? The photo's are beautiful --you do have good taste for the finer things life has to offer, BUT animals skins, oh my! I think they look much better on the Animal then on someone's floor, wall, or furniture, stick to FAUX your conscience will be clearer..
Joanny

niartist said...

WHERE ARE YOU!!?!?!?

Unknown said...

love all the photos, the colors, the taxtures, the patinas all speak to me -thanks for sharing..

Renae Moore said...

I spied an elk hide on the floor. My DH would love the hides everywhere. We have his hides hung in our game room, elk, deer, bear.
Blessings...

Fifi Flowers said...

Lovely... I can see why the credit card would weep!
BTW... I did it... you are linked to my blog... I painted some of your carousel photos! Grab another cup of coffee and pop over!
ENJOY!
Fifi

Laura Venosa Verbena said...

I love your blog.. where is your cottage....xoxo laura