*under construction*


01 November 2009

The Sunday After...

The candles burned down and then out, the cauldron which was overflowing with candy, now sits empty on the sideboard. Edgar stands in silent vigil by the front door underneath the grapevine garlands that so enchantingly illuminated him through their shroud of cobwebs with the magical and soft glow of twinkle lights that were carefully strung throughout their twisted vines. The eaves now drip in tattered veils of cobwebbing that twist slowly in the sea breeze -- and the magic seems to have faded along with the night. As I pull everything down to be packed away, the silvery ringing of children's laughter as they ran up the driveway with their candy buckets much more full than when they arrived brings a smile to my face.


Costumes packed, boxes filled with decor waiting to be whisked off to the shed and visions of Halloween sent into the land of memory until next year. Tomorrow my thoughts will drift towards Thanksgiving. ... but not today.


Between now and then, many soups will be made, many loaves of bread will bake, and many fires will burn...books will be read while nestled into the comfortable arm of the large sectional with a large cup of coffee within reach...

But for now - I'm going to lazily enjoy the rest of my Sunday - indulge myself in a full afternoon of no work, no errands, no cares nor worries ...without a shred of guilt nor regret.
Just be.


Ahhhh Sundays. They are one of my favorite things. Yours?
xo Isa

photos from Sarah Kaye

21 comments:

Deborah said...

You write beautifully! What a pleasure to read. Oh my, you are the multi-talented one. **clapping of many hands** Deb

Marlene said...

Sundays are my day to plan my coming week and rest...I love them..Oh that blanket and pillows spread on the lawn..look decadent..I can just see myself reading the afternnon away there!

vicki archer said...

The best...xv

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

So pretty!! I could see what you were writing in my mind, the sign of an excellent writer!

Have a great Sunday and give Edgar a hug for me. His good smellin' self!

Lou Cinda :)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Love em love em love em...especially this one when it feels like we stole an hour.

Perfect

Enjoy every second of it Isa!

maría cecilia said...

Hi Isa, this is my first time here in your blog, I´ve spent a lot of time enjoying your wonderful pictures, specialy the ones from your "villa" in the beach and the process of renovating it, it has come into a wonderful house.
I´ll be back to see you again.
Thank you for this beautiful site.
Cariños
María Cecilia, from Chile, southamerica.
P.s. visit me if you have the time.

Fifi Flowers said...

Love that outdoor picnic!!!

Angie Muresan said...

Mine too! And may I join you on that rug for a cup of coffee and a delicious pastry? Have a lovely week!

bikim said...

Loved your post, Isa! hope your sunday was great! Hppay november,
Rosa

Ry @ Sotto Il Monte Vineyards said...

Couldn't make it through without them! You set the mood so well.

savvycityfarmer said...

I could not have said it better ... but wait let me light the applebutter candle and pour a pinot.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Lovely Post Isa
The rhythm of your words have me feeling calmer and relaxed [and that is saying something hehe]

I think I would enjoy the experience of Halloween...a chance to escape the everyday and behave without care like a child. Sounds fantastic!

Have a wonderful relaxing week!!! xx Julie

PS.. i have almost identical turkish kilims to the 2 in this pic!!

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour! Just found your blog via 52Flea and I'm so glad I did. What a great post, beautifully written and the elegant lawn picnic is perfect! I'll be following along and will stop by again soon!

Unknown said...

Your writing is beautiful. It really does create a vivid mental picture. Keep it up. Looking forward to your next post.

BTW...Sundays are the best!

rsa training said...

I miss my family, when I was young we used to go out on a picnic just like this image.

game cards said...

Nice house! Someday I will have a house like this.

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

I’m reminded each time I visit your blog how a passion well expressed can inspire. Thanks for sharing, all the very best and a lovely week.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I just found you by accident and what a great blog you have here! Many wishes for a great Thanksgiving! Anita

Angie Muresan said...

Isa, I hope things are well. Have been thinking of you and checking daily for new posts. Blessings this holiday season.

Helen said...

Happy Thanksgiving .... dear Isa.

Deborah said...

Just checking on you...you have been missing for quite some time now. Hope you are just busy with Christmass Merriment!
**blows kisses** Deb