*under construction*


21 January 2010

All Work and No Play...

...gets a lot accomplished!



Is it really still only January? That makes my next statement really pathetic. My New Year's resolution is officially on its ear. It didn't even last a week. There just will be no slowing down. I tried. Really. It's not that I don't want to slow down, it's that my list of to do is so much bigger, wider, longer, overwhelming (SO much) than the total amount of time in my world, that sitting around trying to relax just made me a nervous wreck as that to do list grew and grew and seriously -how can you truly relax with that elephant in the living room? .... Oh, dear.

That being said - I like being busy - it's very productive. Besides, I am not always this busy (read - INSANELY busy) just since moving to Museville and opening Greyfreth. It will balance out eventually, and I will get my long leisurely Sundays back, and long, fun dinners with friends - but for now, the midnight oil continues to burn and the midnight oil isn't close to going anywhere - burn, baby, burn.

On the fun side - lots is getting accomplished and I will have lots to show you.

Soon.

The word that defines my world these days. SOOOOOOOOOON!
Stay warm and stay dry. We are under siege here in regards to storms! Insane.
xo Isa

Photo by Eugenio Recuenco

12 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

You know what they say, "if you want something done, give it to a busy woman". We'll take care of it in no time!

debra @ 5th and state said...

let us know isa if you accomplish your long to do list... and, how you did it.

my to do list is so overwhelming i am playing on blogs instead of facing reality!

stay warm and dry

debra

donna baker said...

So if you're burning the midnight oil, are you still getting up before light? If you are, I bow to you Isa.

The Antiques Diva™ said...

My friend, I so understand what you're saying!!!! I struggle with this same thing. My new years resolution was to prioritze my schedule and drop some of the unessential things, which you'll be happy to note, I did. Then I added it 3 new things (all of which I'm really excited about including a new Diva venture you'll be reading about soon on the Diva blog) but my schedule didn't slow down at all - in fact, I think it just got busier! YIPES!!!

Here's hoping that your sleep time FEELS like it's multiplied so that you'll have more energy to tackle those long days ahead of you!

Toma

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Oh Isa I am happily un-busy at eh moment which is a welcome change .... Hope you are still managing to enjoy some you time... Have a great weekend. xx Julie
Beautiful image..

FrenchBlue said...

Dear Isa,
So true... I want to cry! My resolution is the same as yours.. s l o w down...
Today is only the 22nd and I am spinning faster than time itself. I don't know what to do. It's harder than dieting! I feel exactly like your image this week. Thank you for sharing and showing i am not the only one.
MauH!
XO

Helen said...

I love the photo on your post today AND I really love that gown! We are having light snow right now ~ maybe better than rainy downpours?

Courtney said...

Oh that sounds like the song of my life anymore in regards to my to do list-- E always encourages me to make "manageable" lists, but I don't know how when everything I list needs to get done. I try, but then before long, my to do list has 30 items again. Can't wait to see what you have been accomplishing. I hope you find just a little time to relax this weekend! xo

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

I have a feeling.... a suspicion...just a hunch, that you work best under pressure anyway.

Fire away Dear Isa...fire away!

Can't wait to see any morsel you throw our way!

Angie Muresan said...

Wow! Just remember to enjoy yourself from time to time.

Pamela Holderman said...

Oh I just discovered your blog 10 minutes ago...I am in heaven. It is absolutely gorgeous! And as I seem to be escaping from the world right now and not tackling my list...well there is time for this too! Love your santos also. Will be following. thanks.

Unknown said...

It still never kills to chill a bit and have some fun. But hey that's easier said than done. Do what you gotta do...As log as there are no regrets.

Blessings!
Tunsie